1 WEEK IN VIETNAM
Vietnam now is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, which is well – known with a lot of wonderful sights spread from the North to the South. For the travelers who want to explore all of wonderful parts in Vietnam just in a week, this post will help you a lot. With the post below, we will not only show you all the things to do in Vietnam but also recommend some Vietnamese traditional food that you should enjoy by yourself.
1 week in Vietnam (start from Ho Chi Minh city – finish in Hanoi, use airplane to move between the cities)
1st destination: Ho Chi Minh city (3 days 2 nights)
2nd destination: Da Nang – Hoi An (2 days 1 night)
3rd destination: Ha Noi – Ninh Binh – Ha Long (3 days, 2 nights)
- HO CHI MINH CITY (3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS)
Ho Chi Minh city or Saigon is the biggest city in Vietnam. Everyday, we have lots of flights from big cities all around the world will arrive in Saigon, and this is the reason why I choose this city as the start for 14 days of your trip.
Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City:
Ho Chi Minh city is a young city which just has more than 300 years old.
- You can spend your first day in Saigon to visit the Central Post Office, Notre Dame Cathedral, Independence Palce, City Hall, War Remnants Museum and Ben Thanh Market,... Most of them were built by the French (except the War Museum) so the first impression for you in Ho Chi Minh city will be like Little Paris. Your first day will end up with Vietnamese Coffee at the rooftop bar (Bitexco Tower will be the best place) to enjoy the whole view of our city. Before that, do not forget to enjoy the food like Bánh Cuốn (steamed rice rolls), Cơm Tấm (broken rice with grilled pork) and Bánh Mì (Vietnamese baguette).
- The next day should be started with a trip to Mekong Delta – place in the South West where you can go on boat through small canals, enjoy the fresh air of countryside and look how life of local people is.. We have a lot of tours to Mekong Delta everyday, and this is also a must-go place for any tourist when you come to Vietnam. Usually, tour from Mekong Delta will start from 8AM, so that you can spend all day to experience. Enjoy tropical fruits and try to eat ‘coconut worm’ will be your hightlight in Mekong.
Your trip in Saigon cannot be completed without the Cu Chi Tunnels for the 3rd day. This was the location for several military campaigns during Vietnam war, and it would be awesome if you take your half day here. At the end of the day, you can book a flight ticket within 1hour and a half from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang city.
- DA NANG – HOI AN (3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS)
Da Nang nowadays is the fourth largest city in Vietnam, but has become the most worthy place to live of our country. 3 days and 2 nights in Da Nang (included Hoi An) is enough for you to visit this beautiful place.
Things to do in Da Nang – Hoi An:
First of all, you should know where you will go in this city. Son Tra Peninsula with Linh Ung Pagoda – where an Lady Buddha statue which is considered as the tallest one in Vietnam (67m high, 35m lotus diameter, equivalent to a 30-storey building) is located.
After this, 1 hour by car (with 30km) will lead you to Hoi An - a city on Vietnam’s central coast known for its well-preserved Ancient Town, cut through with canals. You can wander around the small town, visit Japanese Covered Brigde, Fukian Assembly House, Phung Hung House or just let your soul there with Hoi An.
If you feel hungry, Phi Baguette (Phi Bánh Mì) will make your trip more amazing. Do not forget to stop at Mót Hội An – enjoy a cup of traditional herbal drink then get ready to continue.
Back to Da Nang, the Dragon Bridge which is over the River Han is waiting for you.
Last but not least, Mỳ Quảng (Quảng style noodle), Bánh Xèo (Vietnamese pancake with Central style), Bún Cá will be one of your beautiful memories with Da Nang city.
I recommend 1 day in Da Nang and 2 days in Hoi An.
- HA NOI – NINH BINH – HA LONG (3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS)
If Ho Chi Minh city is a young city, Ha Noi will be an old capital with more than 1000 years old, known for its centuries-old architecture and a rich culture with Southeast Asian, Chinese and French influences. 3 days and 2 nights in the capital and around areas would finish your trip with a perfect way ever.
Things to do in Ha Noi – Ninh Binh – Ha Long:
Old Quarter with 36 marketplaces is all you need to do to explore the real Hanoi. You can walk around the small alley to see the life of local people, see how they sell things with the vendors on the sidewalk. Along with it, stop at one local food stall, enjoy Bún Thang (traditional food of Ha Noi) and see the scooters pass on to finish your busy day.
Ha Noi has a lot of great places that you can not miss, for example: The Temple Of Literature – the first university of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Hoan Kiem Lake with Ngoc Son Temple,…
Next to Ha Noi with just more than one and a half hour, you will be at Ninh Binh Province. This is the place where the movie Kong – Skull Island was shot, and I can make sure that Ninh Binh with Trang An Landscape Complex will not make you disappointed.
I want to let Ha Long Bay as the last destination for your memorable trip in Vietnam. Ha Long Bay is said to be one of seven wonders of the world, and I think I don’t need to say a lot about this place, because it will be great for you to explore by yourself.
This is my guideline for you to travel in Vietnam just in 1 week. I truly hope that this post will help you to have a beautiful trip in my country.